The Headliner News, a county seat weekly newspaper in Ozark, Missouri is seeking a sports editor.
Although once a week in print, we pride ourselves on being a daily online.
We cover 7 school districts for varsity sports, all within Christian County.
This community is used to top notch coverage, so the successful candidate will:
• Have a journalism degree or equivalent experience
• Knowledge of AP style
• Exceptional photography & video skills
• Meet strict deadlines
• Ability to schedule stringers as needed
• Must be able to work independently with a high regard to time management
• A very flexible schedule that leaves room for evening and weekend coverage
• Cultivate solid relationships with coaches, AD and other sources
• Have the ability to multi-task between newspaper coverage and help produce athletic magazines
Health insurance and 401k are available, as well as generous PTO plan
If you're the person we're looking for, apply online today!
Location/Region: Ozark, MO (US - 65721)