We are seeking a Junior Systems Administrator to join our team! We are a managed services/outsourced IT provider for small businesses in the Kansas City area and beyond.
Day-to-day, this job will center on providing back-end systems administrator functions to our wide array of clients. Job duties would include, but not be limited to:
- Provide backup support and serve as an escalation path to the Tier 1 tech support team
- Assist with managing ticket flow. This may require taking tickets that are not specifically in the 'sys-admin' tier of work. The overall goal is for the entire staff to work as a team to ensure expedient and consistent ticket resolution
- Documentation of clients in IT Glue, including SOPs.
- Troubleshoot complex issues, including networking problems, issues that are not easily solved with a forum or Internet search
- Good judgment on the fastest path to resolution and to minimize client pain points will be important. There are times that fixing a specific issue may come secondary to finding a way to keep a client working in some alternate fashion.
- Researching and manually approving Windows updates for deployment to managed services clients
- Review of backup logs on a daily basis and correction as needed
- Plan project-based work, generally related to server and network deployment, and perform project.
- Previous experience as a network or systems administrator
- Proficiency with Windows Server 2008R2-2016
- Proficiency with Group Policy
- Proficiency with Active Directory
- Proficiency with basic PowerShell script use
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Reliable transportation for commuting to the office, as well as to client offices up to 50 miles.
- Experience with the Ubiquiti UniFi line of networking equipment
- Experience with an RMM tool (we use N-Central by Solarwinds)
- Experience with documentation of IT infrastructure, processes, etc. (we use IT Glue)
We are a small IT/Managed Services Provider based out of Kansas City's Columbus Park. We serve a wide array of clients in the Kansas City metro and beyond. While all of our work obviously revolves around computers, networks, etc. the venue for the work can vary widely day to day. You will enjoy an easy going atmosphere and clients that like working with us!
Location/Region: Kansas City, MO (US)