At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Data Engineer within PNC's Corporate & Institutional Banking organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA or other locations will be considered.Job Profile
- Leads in developing, supporting and implementing data solutions for multiple applications in order to meet business objectives and user requirements.
- Leads data requirement analysis and the data preparation process development for targeted data solutions.
- Leads in designing and building data service infrastructure on multiple data platforms, according the workflow.
- Oversees the development and implementation of data solutions for multiple applications to ensure its scalability, availability and maintainability.
- Consults on data migration and transformation to ensure the accuracy and security of data solutions.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Database Structures - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to utilize appropriate database structures to organize and store data in a particular manner.
Problem Solving - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Business Intelligence - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize business processes and technologies for gathering, storing, analyzing, and providing access to data that helps the organization make better business decisions.
Software Development Life Cycle - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and experience with using a structured methodology for delivering new or enhanced software products to the marketplace.
APPLICATION DELIVERY PROCESS - Working Experience
- Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, and formal application delivery methodologies; ability to utilize these in order to deliver new or enhanced applications.
Data Architecture - Basic Experience
- Knowledge and ability to create models and standards to govern which data is collected, and how it is stored, arranged, integrated, and put to use in data systems and in organizations.
Effective Communications - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Data Analysis - Software - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the investigation, evaluation, interpretation, and classification of data; the ability to identify, collect and analyze data to facilitate the development, implementation and application of software systems.
Big Data Management and Analytics - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge and ability to plan and execute, big data management and analytics.
Preferences/SkillsThe following skills are preferred:
The following skills are a plus:
- Experience in Hadoop Architecture & Development – Cloudera preferred
- Experience in Data Engineering – Spark, HIVE, Map Reduce, Sqoop, etc.
- Proficiency in writing SQL on mainstream RDBMSs like Oracle, Teradata etc.
- Hands on experience with large Data Warehousing (Hadoop) or Business Intelligence Implementations
- Proficiency with ingestion tools, Sqoop and/or Informatica is preferred
- Agile software development environment experience
Cloudera preferred - Hue, HIVE, Spark, Map Reduce, Sqoop, Impala, Kafka, Flume, Oozie etc.
Proficiency in writing SQL on mainstream RDBMSs like Oracle, Teradata, SQL Server etc.
Good communication skills Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.EEO Statement
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
Location/Region: Kansas City, MO