Job Title: Server
Job Location: Columbia, MO
Job Status: Full time
Reports To: Chef/Dining Manager, or Lead Server
Provision Living, LLC, is a growing premier operator in senior housing properties, specifically focusing on assisted living and memory care. The company is based in St. Louis, MO with operations in several states. For us, it’s All About Living Your Passion! From our residents, to our associates, to the greater communities we serve, Provision Living’s aim is to maximize the potential of every life we touch and we do so by living into our vision of creating a radiant organization where our residents and our employees are loved, inspired and able to thrive. If you share this vision, and have a compassion for and a desire to work with seniors, we are seeking a Server to support our community in Columbia, MO.
As the Server, reporting directly to the Dining Manager, you will ensure the provision of prompt, courteous service to all residents and guests in the dining room while supporting the team in optimizing each resident’s well-being and overall experience.
- Take written orders from residents (meals, drinks, deserts), prepare, and deliver them
- Provide services to an assigned section of tables during meal periods
- Bus tables during and after service
- Participate in the cleaning and resetting of tables after each meal period, including changing tablecloths when necessary, proper placement of silver and glassware, napkins and plate service
- Perform all tasks in a safe and sanitary manner
- Assist residents with understanding menu items and food selection
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent and 0-2 years of previous experience
- Ideal to have some experience in a senior care community
- Collaborative team player with demonstrated customer and customer service skills
- Sound organizational skills and multi-tasking ability
- Dependable with a strong work ethic
- Possess an appreciation of seniors and an understanding of the aging process
- Basic mathematic skills
Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs, bend, maintain stationary position, move freely, operate equipment, ascend/descend freely, and position self to reach equipment above or below normal standing height
Benefits & Compensation:
We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, employee assistance program, and employer paid basic life and AD&D insurance.