Construction Sales Manager
This role requires that you work across multiple markets to sell pre-engineered, custom designed wood frame building structures, structural insulated panel systems and livestock facilities/ poultry facilities etc. You will take direct ownership of an assigned territory and deliver the highest level of service to existing customers while proactively developing a pipeline of new dealer business. For this position there are key soft skills associated with success. A solid understanding of construction, professional sales and a well maintained attitude that demonstrates an above average desire to succeed.
The District Sales Manager (DSM) function consists primarily of:
· Direct, face to face sales targeting customers, ranging from homeowners and farmers to commercial and industrial organizations
· The DSM will be expected to quickly learn all EPS product lines (very well) and be convincing in presenting their intrinsic quality, value, characteristics and benefits
· Possess the ability to prepare and present bids, proposals, and estimates
· The DSM is expected to personally and promptly make necessary sales calls to contact former customers and prospective customers in order to persuade and close sales in the customer’s home or place of business, securing the down payment and obtaining necessary signatories for preliminary documents i.e., (signed contract, capital improvement notice, site survey, etc.) making certain they are properly executed and distributed
· The DSM is assigned a specific geographic territory and is expected to conduct all sales activity within and for only that territory
· Within the assigned territory, the DSM is expected to analyze and determine sales area opportunities for exploration, saturation, and marketing focus
· Aggressively prospect, cold call, identify and develop new clients, while nurturing existing accounts
· Understand and maintain awareness of area Marketing Plan
· Mine leads, identify prospects and practice a consultative sales style; one directed toward establishing personal and professional credibility based on your understanding of client(s) short and long term business needs
· Interact effectively in order to network leads and identify prospective clients. Concentrate on building rapport with building industry executives, architects, construction and site managers, resulting in long-term productive relationships and organic territory growth
· Be willing to utilize area and national sales support, by knowing when to leverage their experience and talent to assist you in closing complicated business
· Identify and develop solutions, demonstrate the ability to routinely sell and to close business
· Establish and maintain a regular schedule of area client and prospect visits; seek out opportunities, develop area awareness of you, your business and products
· When prospecting, document lead generation and all pertinent account/prospect conversations and activity
· Evaluate, monitor and stay informed of developments in your territory to gain advantage by thoroughly understanding area competition and your competitive position
· Conduct business with the highest degree of integrity and proactively address all customer concerns.
· A BS/BA degree or equivalent experience in selling or customer service with a demonstrated record of sales achievement
· 2 years in construction contracting business
· 5 years in direct sales or equivalent
· Ability to transport self to, around, and through all parts of a building construction site
· In depth knowledge of the market, competitive and operative factors of the building construction industry (desired not mandatory skills)
· Adept at basic mathematics
· Highly skilled in oral and written expression in English language
· Capable of using the tools of carpentry and general construction
· Able to visualize interplay of physical dimensions, human activity, and time in order to properly plan bid jobs
· Demonstrated skill developing and nurturing valuable, long-term customer relationships.
· The capacity to quickly learn the pre-engineered, custom building industry, including the ability to read and understand both simple and complex building drawings and state building/site regulations and codes.
· A positive sales attitude coupled with energy, focused on goal achievement.
· An innate commitment to best practices in gold standard client service delivery and exceeding the business needs of your customer.
· Strong presentation, influence, negotiation and closing skills, in combination with good interpersonal, communication, time management and organizational skills.
· Computer proficiency with MS Office/Excel and Outlook applications.
· Critical thinking and problem solving skills, planning and organizing
· Coordination and control, time management and attention to detail.
· Effective communication skills
· Adaptability and flexibility
· Work is conducted in an office/ field setting with sedentary to moderate physical effort associated with using a computer, copier etc. May involve walking or standing for extended periods of time.
· May be required to occasionally lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects up to 50 pounds.
· Occasionally will be required to set up at trade shows and county fairs requiring that you be able to walk throughout the venue or Fair Grounds environment to perform some aspect of assigned duties.
· Must be able to stand at work area or booth for extended periods of time.
· Must be required to walk around construction job sites.
· Position requires good or corrected vision, ability to adjust focus, peripheral vision and depth perception.
· Must be able to constantly reach with both hands and arms.
· Must be able to withstand a noisy, dusty environment.
· Must adhere to all company safety policies and safety policies observed while visiting building sites.
· Must be able to work in both hot and cold atmosphere depending on weather conditions.
Very Competitive Base Salary with Commission program, Comprehensive Benefit Package including Company Vehicle, Phone, Laptop, Bonuses. Company is employee owned with ESOP. EOE M/V/F/D Minimal overnight travel, primarily Local travel limited to within 100 miles of home (which requires a safe driving record.)
Energy Panel Structures, Inc. is an industry leader in the manufacturer of commercial and residential post frame buildings. Headquartered in Graettinger, Iowa, with locations in Perryville, MO and Clyde, NY.