- Design and develop state-of-the-art web-based reports, relational database stored procedures, and API’s
- Assist in optimizing solutions and developing best practices for project delivery.
- Work with customers to gather specifications for reporting requirements.
- Writing SQL to analyze data, research potential issues, manipulate data, generate reports, extracts, and processing related queries used in system configuration.
- Developing test scenarios, creating the necessary data to execute the test scenarios, exercising the test scenarios, and confirming the results.
Travel Expectation: up to 25%
- Undergraduate degree in MIS, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- 3+ years in Consulting or IT industries in a technical client facing role.
- Familiarity and experience with any of the following technologies:
- Report writing tools (i.e., Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Web Intelligence, and Pentaho).
- Custom software modules using object-oriented programming principles.
- Data analysis techniques and tools (i.e., PL/SQL, Package and Object creation).
- Distributed environments (e.g., database server, application server, web server, etc.).
- Experience with the Software Development Lifecycle a plus (i.e. Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Deployment phases).
About this company
To the people we serve, Vaco is more than just a name. It’s a revolutionary thought process, a game-changing business model, and a loud-and-clear rallying cry for entrepreneurial spirits who want more. Yes, Vaco provides expert consulting, permanent placement, executive search and strategic staffing for companies across the country and around the world, in all kinds of different industries. We place qualified candidates in hard-to-fill positions and solve tough problems for businesses. But most importantly, we help people find freedom.
Location/Region: Kansas City, MO (US)