This position will maintain a formalized BOM and quoting repair process to maximize efficiency, balance inventory investment and meet customer delivery dates of re-manufactured products from the multiple repair departments. Advise management of the material availability for proactive monitoring of potential scheduling conflicts to ensure that materials and services are available. Coordinate with production planning, purchasing, engineering, sales, service, parts and shipping departments in order to communicate any issues, concerns, or problems that could potentially compromise scheduled due dates or commitments.
- Building a Bill of Material and operations for each order to ensure the quote matches the shop floor order.
- Monitor and communicate availability of materials to help match up with the scheduled labor.
- Create and maintain SAP production floor repair work orders as needed. Expedite orders where required.
- Print and turn in material list or Bill of Material lists to Parts Room to then be delivered to the Production Technician.
- Stage and organize all pulled materials for open orders including printing of assembly instructions, schematics, or explosion drawings.
- Identify and create a bill of material based on standard repaired parts for sub-assemblies.
- Maintain and change repair bills of materials for commonly repaired assemblies.
- Analyze all repair operations quotes vs costs to ensure correct margins are met, performing an autopsy after each repair and reporting to management.
- Maintaining the master quote templates with standardized pricing.
- Be the back-up to quoting for all repair departments.
Education/Experience: Associate’s degree in business, supply chain management, or related discipline and one year related experience in a manufacturing or logistics environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
MULTIVAC is one of the worldwide leading providers of packaging solutions used to pack a range of products including; food products, life science and health care products, and industrial goods. Our product portfolio covers nearly all the needs of the customer and includes - in addition to thermoforming packaging machines - traysealers, chamber machines, labelling and quality inspection systems, and even turnkey production lines. Our customers benefit from our profound knowledge of processes and systems and from an integrated advisory service all from one source.
Location/Region: Kansas City, MO (US)