This physician directs the pre-operative evaluation of patients undergoing targeted minimally invasive spinal surgery in collaboration with the surgical team with a primary goal of optimizing the surgical order and maximizing clinical outcomes. Limited post-operative pain management efforts are required.
Essential Functions - Duties & Responsibilities Tasks may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Clinically evaluates, diagnoses and treats conditions of the spine.
- Analyze patients' presenting symptoms and correlate with imaging studies to determine the primary pain generator.
- Provide selective diagnostic blocks for determining the optimal surgical level pre-operatively.
- Participate in intra-operative therapeutic procedures when required.
- Provide medical support to post-operative patients as necessary.
- Assist with pain management for our immediate post-operative patients as needed.
- Follows-up using collected data regarding continuing patient care.
- Works closely with medical staff to better facilitate patient care.
- Other duties as assigned by senior management.
Qualifications & Requirements
A CULTURE DESIGNED WITH YOU IN MIND: YOUR WELLNESS:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of medicine as demonstrated by a doctorate degree in medicine or osteopathic medicine, having completed an accredited residency in physical medicine and rehabilitation with added training in spinal diagnostic procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all medical staff.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Must be organized and work efficiently under pressure
- Must be patient-focused and compassionate with excellent customer service-type skills
- 2-5 years of previous clinical experience in specific field preferred
Substantial, generous benefits program YOUR CAREER EVOLUTION:
LSI University offers robust career expansion with continued learning opportunities and career advancement ladders YOUR TIME:
Balance between your professional career and personal life YOUR ENVIRONMENT:
LSI offers a resilient community culture where employee spirit is abundant, smiles surround you, people are respected and recognized, accomplishments are revered, and everyone knows you by name
Location/Region: Creve Coeur, MO