Pay: $15-$16 per hour + benefits
Are you upbeat, enthusiastic, and a team leader? If yes, WE WANT YOU! We are PURCHASE PARTNERS, a locally owned, family business. We are a game changer in vendor managed inventory solutions for USA manufacturers in the Midwest and nationally. We are a full line distribution business selling hardware and other component parts to the OEM and MRO markets – located in Bridgeton, MO.
We hire with a purpose. We engage quality, committed employees who share in the growth and success of our business. Are you hungry to be an important part of a distribution business aspiring to grow to new levels?
The Warehouse Supervisor position is a very important part of our success at Purchase Partners -- supervising all day-to-day warehouse operations. Responsibilities include cost continuous improvement on processes, service, and safety for an entire business unit across one shift.
The Warehouse Supervisor coordinates the receiving, shipping, quality inspection and material handling responsibilities in the warehouse. This is not only a supervisory position, it is also a “hand-on” position. You will be performing all tasks that the warehouse staff will be handling – and we need someone that can lead by example.
Major Tasks, Accountabilities and Key Responsibilities:
· Manage the receiving, quality inspection, order picking and fulfillment and delivery of products in a timely manner
· Utilize software and technology needed to operate at high efficiency levels
· Maintains storage areas by organizing floor space; adhering to storage design principles; recommending improvements.
· Maintains inventory by conducting monthly physical counts; reconciling variances; inputting data.
· Utilize conveyor lines to maximize efficiencies when handling inbound/ outbound product
· Ensure the optimal placement of inventory into storage areas to quickly fulfill daily orders
· Provide timely communication to and collaborate cross-functionally with purchasing and sales personnel throughout the day
· Develop warehouse team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach all performance goals
· Assist in building people capability through effective employee relations, hiring, training, and communication
· Motivate team members to achieve goals
· Maintain the inventory system to aid in production scheduling of packaging equipment
· General equipment and facility maintenance - keeps equipment operating by enforcing operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; requiring preventive maintenance; calling for repairs
· Maintain all housekeeping and safety standards and training
· Identify and execute productivity opportunities
· Administer policies and procedures
· Dependability - regular and predictable attendance at the work site
· This role requires regular full-time presence on the plant floor
· This role requires lifting up to 50 lbs. routinely
· This role requires work in typical warehouse conditions
· This role requires operation of forklift and manufacturing equipment routinely
· This role requires driving a box truck occasionally
· 2-Year Associate degree or equivalent experience preferred.
· 2 years of warehouse or logistics experience preferred
· Proven history of dependability
· Deadline oriented; effective time management
· Demonstrated supervisory, planning and organization skills
· Solid computer and keyboarding skills
· Microsoft Suite including Excel comprehension preferred
· Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
· Ability to lead a team-based approach to decision making
· Demonstrated ability to work in a results-oriented, challenging environment
· Strong leadership skills with the ability to get results through mentoring others
· Effective team building skills
· Class E drivers license required (must be received within first 10 days of placement)
· Material handling equipment experience required.
· Strong communication skills.
· Basic math skills.
Small parts distributor to major manufacturers, and vendor-managed inventory provider.