Seiler Instrument & Manufacturing Company Inc., is seeking a detail oriented Purchasing Agent for our Aerospace and Defense Division. This position is part of a small team responsible for purchasing commodities for “build to print” contracts & supplies for our Machine Shop and Assembly departments.
1. Reviews bid proposals and negotiate contracts and order with suppliers, within budgetary limitations.
2. Requests quotations from vendors/suppliers. Initiates and prepares purchase orders or bid requests.
3. Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories if required.
4. Resolves defective or unacceptable goods or service issues with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble.
5. Verifies item specifications; has the ability to digest drawing & specification requirements.
6. Manage workload using MRP system (request quotes & place PO’s to support schedule).
7. Comparing and analyzing vendors on various metrics such as price, quality and timeliness.
Works closely with manufacturing scheduler, inventory technicians, and cost estimator.
Candidates for this position must have strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook, and be comfortable with other computer systems including the internet and database programs. Candidates must have a confident and consistent approach to customer and vendor contact. This position requires strong negotiation skills, communication skills, and fluency in English. Organization and attention to detail are vital. Prior experience in a manufacturing environment and/or military procurement is strongly preferred.
This position requires an Associate’s Degree or higher with a focus in business, finance, supply control or related. Five years purchasing experience is required.
Please apply on our website: