ReStore Position Description
Position Title: ReStore Sales Associate
Hiring Part-time, 20 to 30 hours per week, Non Exempt
Hiring Full-time, 40 hours per week, Non Exempt
Location: Kansas City Metro Area (5 locations)
Primary Team Lead: Store Manager Direct Reports: None
Job Summary: ReStore Sales Associates are responsible for greeting, assisting and answering customer questions about products, materials and communicating the Habitat for Humanity of Kansas City mission. They work in partnership with the team to ensure efficient service to customers and enhancing the stores atmosphere. Provides support in the handling and processing of inventory.
- Interact with customers in a friendly, helpful manner, finding answers to their questions and making their experience enjoyable.
- Operate the cash register with appropriate cash handling policies and procedures.
- Convey store policies and procedures to customers in a straight forward manner.
- Assist the team in the maintenance and upkeep of the store.
- Follow all safety procedures
- Create and maintain effective sales displays, including clear and visible pricing and signage.
- Lead and work closely with volunteers and court-ordered community service workers; insures that the volunteer program is successful by contributing to a positive, supportive atmosphere and encouraging volunteer engagement.
- Assist with the receiving, processing and stocking of materials; spending a majority of your day moving material off trucks and throughout the facility.
- Other duties as assigned
- Friendly, outgoing, helpful attitude;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Maturity, responsibility and reliability to perform with minimal supervision;
- Honesty and integrity in handling retail sales revenue;
- Basic math skills with computer and cash register literacy;
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on a consistent basis;
- Knowledge of building materials and home improvement a plus;
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment with limited climate controls:
- Bilingual ability is helpful, but not necessary;
- 18 years or older;
40 Hours per week Monday through Saturday, to be determined by supervisor (PT – 20 to 30).
- Work in a supportive, family-like environment
- Full training provided with experience in material handling and basic customer service; including forklift certification.
- Experience variety in materials and people;
- Satisfaction of contributing to Habitat for Humanity of Kanas City’s mission of building homes, hope and community.
- Employees who work 30 hours or more per work week are eligible to participate in the medical, dental, vision, disability, life Voluntary, Matched 401K retirement plan.
- Paid vacation and holidays accrued according to Habitat for Humanity of Kansas City personnel policy.
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org