Operating Technology Network Engineer
- Performs Industrial Control System network assets lifecycle analysis
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for site Industrial Control System/Operational Technology network
- Initiates change management for Industrial Control System/Operational Technology Network
- Provides long range industrial control system network strategy
- Interfaces with various vendors to oversee the installation and troubleshooting of network cabling and associated hardware
- Designs, implements, troubleshoots, and maintains resilient Industrial Control System/Operational Technology network
- Provides technical support for manufacturing operations and support networked industrial control systems.
- Provides technical support for weekend/off-shift coverage as needed
- Develops Industrial Control System/Operational Technology Network standards and specifications
- Maintains accurate networking drawings and ensures specifications are current
- Reviews capital project scope level networking requirements and network design/specifications
- Specifies, designs, programs, and documents site related industrial control network architecture modifications
- Provides network support for local control system issues that arise which are beyond the scope of local support technicians.
- Monitors Industrial Control System/Operational Technology Network asset health and performance by utilizing network management tools and systems
- Monitors, detects, and communicates network threat vector activity
- Maintains and ensures backup of asset configurations
- Manages, deploys and ensures set-up of Industrial Control System/Operational Technology Network capital Virtual platforms
- Reviews network architecture standards and security practices for ICS
- Ensures Integration of Industrial Control System/Operational Technology Network systems and devices into the industrial control systems networks
- Understands and applies knowledge of Industrial Control System/Operational Technology Network Cyber Security practices and appliances such as patch deployment, anti-virus, Security Information & Event Management (SIEM), backup and disaster recovery.
- Configures and deploys network hardware including routers, switches and security appliances in an Industrial Controls System environment
- Specifies and implements standard operating system workstations, and server operating system software builds and hardware
- Communicates/updates the Site Management Team regarding strategic plans and relevant issues regarding the Industrial Control System/Operational Technology Network
- Maintains customer confidence. Solves Industrial Control System/Operational Technology networking issues working alone or in a team environment.
- Stays current with industry trends/hardware, software, and methods. This includes informing other team members on changes and problems as it affects products, services and customer expectations.
- Continuing education/staying current with Industrial Control System/Operational Technology Network designs/standards
- Develop relationships with site and corporate IT network clients to improve collaboration and teamwork to accomplish Industrial Control System/Operational Technology industrial manufacturing networking objectives
Questions to ask yourself:
- Do you have hands on workstation & server class experience ?
- Do you have experience with fiber and copper networking components in an OT environment ?
- Do you possess any current CISCO/MICROSOFT certifications ?
- Do you have virtualization experience ?
- Do you have proven real manufacturing experience relative to industrial process controls/automation (DeltaV/Rockwell PLC/HMI/Historians) and associated OT networking ?
Location/Region: Maryland Heights, MO (US)