Sunrise Telecom, Inc. provides construction maintenance to telecommunications companies throughout the local St. Louis Metro Area. It is our mission to provide innovative solutions to our customers’ needs. We pride ourselves in promoting a culture that challenges and engages each of our employees.
Sunrise is currently seeking an Aerial Lineman for our location in St. Louis, MO. The individual in this position is required to work at all times with safety in mind. Must be able to read, understand and follow company policies and procedures related to safety, and attend all scheduled safety meetings, as well as OSHA training.
The Aerial Lineman under direct supervision of the Project Manager performs a variety of duties related to the installation, operation, repair, and maintenance of overhead coaxial/fiber optic distribution systems
* Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Install, upgrade and repair HFC networks
* Run cable in buildings; lash and de-lash existing aerial cable
* Ability to perform all duties of aerial maintenance and line work
* Install and remove various anchors systems (sidewalk arms, guy guards etc)
* Ensures all installation work is done according to MSO specs.
* Assist in the coordination between local utility companies when necessary
* Assists with daily work overflow to meet SLA
* Follows all company policy and procedures
* Knowledge and understanding of safety requirements and the use of personal protective equipment
* Understanding of emergency restoration protocols
* Other duties as assigned by project manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Three years of experience in coax, aerial, and fiber construction
* Experience with installation and network upgrades a plus
* Proficient in pole climbing and working from hooks/gaffs
* Ability to climb poles and work at heights up to and exceeding 30 ft.
* Experience in Pole Transfers, all types
* May be required to work long and unpredictable hours
* Position requires working outdoors in all types of weather
* Must be able to lift 70 pounds
* Must have a valid driver’s license, CDL a plus.
* Candidates must be able to pass pre-employment testing (motor vehicle, drug and background)
Pay range $52-60k per year with benefits and production bonuses.
Our team has extensive field experience on both the technician and management levels. We combine high quality work, quality control and technical training which are all the things we believe make for top tier business in this industry. We highly value our work force and clients, and believe in paying well for good, quality work. In addition, we strive to provide a healthy work environment that positively influences our employees.
Sunrise Telecom is a privately held business established in 2013. As a leader in the communications industry, we provide extensive services ranging from installation to contracting. Our focus is on meeting the needs of every client, every time; we accomplish this by valuing our employees as well as our partners. We have numerous incentives that are metric driven, that makes us company of choice among individuals and teams with varying experience levels, that are searching for new employment opportunities.
Sunrise Telecom, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or other protected characteristic.
Location/Region: Saint Louis, MO (US)