Position summary: Responsible for prompt, efficient and correct payment of Accounts Payable. This role also serves as an auditor, ensuring that invoices are accurate and the proper accounting procedures are followed for the purchasing and payment of goods and services.
- Code and route invoices in ERP for proper approval
- Match invoices to purchase orders; reconcile invoice to billing statements
- Release approved, coded invoices to the ERP system for payment
- Issue and manage vendor credits
- Prepare and process AP check runs, EFT’s or wires
- Assist in month end close process
- Process imports into ERP system and resolve errors, if any
- Research past due statements and make corrections, as necessary
- Research and resolve AP issues with vendors and company personnel
- Respond to all vendor and employee inquiries
- Prepare control documents for use in reconciling accounts payable
- Assist in preparing materials for external and internal audits
- Manage expense reporting administration
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Essential skills and experience:
- 2 year accounting or business degree highly desired, but not required
- 3+ years of A/P experience or equivalent accounting experience; understands debits and credits
- ERP experience a plus
- Full cycle A/P experience
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Strong investigative and follow-up skills
- Strong customer service mindset with a high energy level
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects at a time
- Proven ability to work in a cross functional environment while leading and driving complex initiatives.
- Proficient with various accounting software (Viewpoint and Maximo preferred) and advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
Summit Materials (NYSE: SUM) is one of the fastest growing construction materials company that supplies aggregates, cement, ready-mix concrete and asphalt paving mix in the United States and western Canada. Summit Materials is a geographically diverse, vertically integrated aggregates-based business, which offers customers a single-source provider of construction materials and related downstream products in the residential, nonresidential and public infrastructure end markets.
Summit Materials has completed more than 60 acquisitions since its founding and continues to pursue growth opportunities in new and existing markets. By teaming up with established local businesses, Summit Materials is committed to creating value, providing access to growth capital, implementing best practices, and offering a safe place to work while striving to exceed our environmental and social responsibilities.
Continental Cement is an operating company within the Summit Materials family, Continental Cement has two cement manufacturing plants located in Hannibal, MO and Davenport, IA along with eleven (11) distribution terminals.
Location/Region: Chesterfield, MO (US)