Senior Business Systems Analyst
SUMMARY / JOB PURPOSE:
Join our growing team implementing strategic projects in our unique and growing organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct or participate in scope definition and business requirements discovery sessions and create detailed documentation. Facilitate review and approvals from stakeholders.
- Identify, analyze and/or review business and application system solutions including identification of business and system impacts. Contribute to system design and system development specifications.
- Create test conditions, plans, pre-determined results and test cases. Conduct and document system and regression testing. Mentor business partners on customer acceptance testing.
- Conduct systems configuration activities.
- Support technical team members programming and unit testing efforts.
- Conduct or assist with defect analysis and correction, release management and implementation.
- Create and maintain project artifacts.
- Identify opportunities for enhancements, and conduct business process improvement and re-engineering activities.
- Assist and support business partners with creation and maintenance of business workflows, processes, user procedures and training materials.
- Assist in project management tasks such as project estimation, vendor management and progress monitoring.
- The Senior Business Systems Analyst works with minimum supervision and the highest level of professionalism, responsibility and accountability towards team and organizational success.
- Associates Degree is required; Bachelor’s Degree or higher is preferred.
- At least 5 years prior demonstrated experience as a Business Analyst is required with experience in process improvement and development of functional, conversion and integration system change.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word is required.
- Strong problem-solving, analytic, communication and presentation skills are required.
- The ideal candidate is an assertive leader and team member, confident but modest, learns quickly, is self-motivated and is able to work on multiple concurrent projects. The candidate must be able to work independently and effectively as a member of a team that includes multiple levels of the organization and experience levels in system development.
- The preferred candidate has functional experience in worksite / voluntary benefits / group enrollment and administration, group billing and collection and electronic data exchange in the health and/or life insurance industry. Other valued experience includes new business and policy administration in one or more of these industries: annuities, retirement or financial services.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States.
Job Type: Full-time
- software development: 5 year (Required)
- medical, dental, voluntary benefits insurance: 1 year (Required)
- Business Analyst: 3 years (Required)
- Kansas City, MO 64111 (Required)
Headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri, BenefitsDirect has a long history of partnering with our clients to create and manage innovative employee benefit programs that maximize their investment in human capital. Our organization has been in the employee benefit administration business for more than 50 years through its affiliated family of companies, and the depth of our teams experience lends itself to seamless on-boarding and simplified benefit administration for our client groups.
Location/Region: Kansas City, MO (US)