JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the implementation of the company’s safety program to ensure a healthy, hazard-free work environment. ** Will require 50% travel within driving distance.
· Develops and implements safety policies, procedures and training material in compliance with requirements established by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
· Conducts periodic audits to identify potential hazards and recommends corrective actions.
· Handles all aspects of Worker’s Compensation claims. Compiles information used to identify the root problem in efforts of establishing effective injury prevention measures.
· Responsible for the administration of first-aid and coordination of medical care in the event of work-related injuries and illnesses. Maintains inventory of first-aid kits.
· Represents the company in community or industry safety groups and programs.
· Administrates the employees’ and supervisor’s incentive programs.
· Compiles and submits injury data to government agencies.
· Conducts safety training in accordance to OSHA regulations.
· Analyzes industry data to identify incident trends to implement controls for incident prevention.
· Promotes safety awareness at all levels of organization.
· Leads incident investigation and helps with the preparation of material and evidence to be used in hearings, lawsuits and insurance investigations. Recommends remedial actions.
· Administrates all Workers’ Compensation claims and acts as a liaison between the injured employees, carrier and medical providers.
· Coordinates and lead both employee safety committee and supervisor’s steering committee.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
· Strong decision making and analytical abilities.
· Attention to detail and strong communication/listening skills.
· Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality.
· Demonstrated passion for excellence with respect to treating and caring for our employees.
· Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
· Has a pleasant, patient and friendly attitude.
· Must be bilingual (English/Spanish)
· Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent in Occupational Safety or related field; or five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience with Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office required.
· Basic First Aid certification
Family run for nearly 70 years, Sterling supports the construction of our nation’s energy infrastructure with turnkey site access solutions and breakthrough innovation. Based just outside of Chicago with a 60 acre campus including 500,000 sq ft of manufacturing space, Sterling was named Crain’s Chicago Business Magazine’s Fast Fifty, Chicago’s fastest growing companies in 2014 and 2015. As America’s largest CLT mat manufacturer, Sterling’ has engineered the TerraLam® mat to save customers’ time and money by being lighter, faster and longer lasting than traditional mats. Sterling also offers complete site access solutions services through Midwest Access Solutions, Sterling Access Solutions and Sterling Pipeline Solutions. Sterling is committed to developing our employees, providing best in class customer service and being responsible stewards of the environment.