Title: Quality Engineer
Reports to: Quality Manager
Responsible for ensuring that all bottles packed meet quality levels expected by our customers. Oversees all Quality Inspectors and ensures that they are performing as per their work instructions and protocols.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring production floor quality and coaching/training of inspectors.
- Prototypes & NPD evaluations to includes Infinity QS entry, IQMS, or AVID. Establishing pack-out and recommending dimensional revisions to engineering department. Conducting and approving or disapproving process capability tests.
- Oversee pre-delivery shipment samples.
- Create new color and limit standards as needed.
- Color sampling evaluations for new customers, let down ratios, target ranges and sample shipments.
- Lead root cause investigations for customer complaints or nonconforming issues detected in house and write CARs and/or CAPAs to support the results of the investigation.
- Track implementation, verification and follow through of corrective actions.
- Daily reporting and oversight of held-ware, quarantine, MRB, cost of quality, shift quality metrics, rework to determine cost effectiveness of reselect.
- Oversee all WA measuring equipment. Ex. Calipers, Height Gages, etc.
- Program all WA related software, including set up for new products and code creation.
- Work order approvals.
- Assist in customer audits and plant surveys/internal audits.
- Production efficiency, report daily and review.
- COC and COA requests.
- Calibration of quality instruments.
- QDF review, revision, infraction charts, training.
- Incoming raw material approval.
- Represent QA in monthly quality meetings and shift meetings.
- Auditing and disposition of returned goods.
- Internal auditing of in house standards
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in writing formal Corrective Action Reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Understanding of quality systems,
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to lead a team through the process.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
Education and/or Experience
- Experience with Infinity and/or IQMS a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical field
- 2 – 4 years of experience with Quality Engineering
- Plastics experience a plus
Alpha Packaging is a multi-national blow molding and related plastics technology organization known for its outstanding products and employees. As part of our continuing growth, we are looking for individuals who are looking for steady and predictable work that have the capacity to grow with our organization.
At Alpha Packaging, we are always looking for quality minded individuals who want to contribute to and benefit from our continued growth. We are seeking people who work hard, have fun and make a personal commitment to delivering exceptional results.
Alpha Packaging offers a choice array of compensation and benefit programs that are among the best in our industry. From our base salary, incentive package to our 401(k), health care, dental, vision and other plans, we strive to take care of the talented people who make our company great. Come join our winning team and be rewarded for the value you help create.
Alpha Packaging has nine (9) locations as follows:
•St. Louis, Missouri
•Salt Lake City, Utah
•Winona, Minnesota – Technigraph Decorating
Location/Region: Saint Louis, MO (US)