Customer Service Representative
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is responsible for providing a high level of customer service to our membership through email, phone and in person support.
MISSION OF GIRL SCOUTING
Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place.
All employees are expected to fully support the work and mission of the organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Consistently demonstrate and promote a climate of courtesy, respect and professionalism to volunteers, staff, members and the public, with whom you come in contact
- Provide assistance, brief training, and additional information to members to improve member satisfaction at lobby reception desk and by email and phone as an Answer Center (the Girl Scout call center) representative
- Can easily navigate our registration software, database, and website.
- Maintain working knowledge of Council organization and programs, including special instructions for specific activities (e.g. product programs, adult education, girl programming, camp), in order to facilitate proper response to calls, visitors and emails
- Completes all required data entry and clean up in an accurate, thorough and timely manner
- Meets or exceeds all assigned departmental goals and works to support the overall goals of the Council
- Works to advance the mission of Girl Scouts and is a collaborative team member
- Build strong working relationships with team members to foster a positive work environment
- All other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Supports organizational diversity and fund development goals of Council
- Excellent customer service skills for relating with all customers effectively
- Ability to multi-task to attend to different customers’ needs
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Basic to intermediate Microsoft Word and Excel knowledge and experience
- Ability to work some nights and weekends
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
If your position requires that you drive an average of one (1) day per week or more, you must possess a valid state driver’s license and a driving record that is acceptable to our insurance carrier.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent:
- is frequently required to sit and operate a computer
- is frequently required to talk and hear, stand and walk, sit and use hands to manipulate computer
- is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms
- must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- must have the following vision abilities: close vision, distance vision and depth perception
Work is performed in a normal indoor environment with limited exposure to outdoor weather conditions, dirt and/or dust.
Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place. For more information, please visit our website at www.girlscoutsem.org.