Responsible for supporting a team of account specialists including training, coaching, and developing staff. Supervisor oversees payment posting and new account load processes, audit processes, reconciliation of account balances, and generating daily account management reports. General office manager responsibilities including account correspondence, accounts payable, office supplies, and responding to client communications/requests.
- Responsible for hiring, training, coaching, and developing Client Relations Team.
- Oversee daily operation of Client Relations department.
- Responsible for third party claim status check, billing of appears for denial or underpayment to bring account to full resolution.
- Accountable for bank reconciliation with clients, including reviewing returned items on account, and handling reversals and charge backs accordingly. Attention to detail and accuracy a must. Use of multiple applications and formulated spreadsheets required.
- Processing and accurately posting payments made by mail, along with posting any credit card payments and preparing bank deposits.
- Prepare weekly remit files thru EPIC and follow directions through to completion for accounting verification before submitting to Treasury for processing.
- Handles all Recon Files (inventory files) received from clients to reconcile inventory. Involves researching balance errors, posting transactions, or closing of accounts if required.
- Accurately and efficiently processes the account including transaction recording and other functions. Stays up to date on contract, regulation, procedure and other changes affecting the department.
- Reports unusual accounts, account problems and workflow issues promptly to supervisor. Asks for assistance from leadership when needed.
- Confident and professional communication with 3rd party vendors, including but not limited to insurance companies and attorneys.
- Uses and demonstrates understanding of the applicable computer systems, including system reports and security procedures. Adheres to applicable policies, hospital/physician billing/departmental practices and 3rd party requirements. May be required to utilize add on software such as: SSI, Emomed, Emdeon, Accurint, BOA Direct, Trust Commerce and Commerce.
- Maintains client confidentiality, as well as good rapport with patients, physicians, 3rd party payors and other department representatives.
- Works effectively with other staff members to accomplish work and departmental goals.
- Other duties as assigned by manager or leadership team. Includes answering calls through dialer system, handling external and internal email inquiries, multiple daily file processing, manual posting of payments, working dispositions for account resolution, assigning Client Relations Manager as needed with special projects.
- Associate Degree Strongly Preferred
- Supervisory Experience
- 1 Year Cash Posting/AR, Preferably in a Patient Accounts Setting
- Microsoft Office Knowledge, especially Excel
- Excellent Interpersonal and Organizational Skills
- Effective Leadership Skills and Strong Customer Service Skills
- Independent Critical Thinker
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Problem-Solving Abilities
- Analytical Skills to Identify Trends, Issues, and Problems, as well as to Identify Possible Solutions for any Issues or Problems
- Proactive Focus on Continuous Quality and Departmental Process Improvement
- Previous Experience with FACS, Epic, and Various Insurance Payor Websites Preferred.
Complete A/R Medical Collections Agency
Location/Region: Saint Louis, MO (US)